Sunday, May 10, 2015

Summary: In class we read a sample essay called "Spending quality time with your children is important" in the essay the write talks about how even when mothers work they can still spend time with their children. The writer talks about how moms and their children can cook , work on homework and take walks to the park together. The main point the writer is making is that just because a mother works that doesn't mean they cant spend quality time with their children.

Response: I agree with the point that the writer makes. I feel that just because a mom works doesn't mean they cant spend time and be their for their kids. When I was little I always remembered  my mom working to support us and sometimes even working two or three jobs, but that didn't stop her form spending quality time with me. Even thought I remember my mom having to work a lot; I also remember all the good times we had going to six flags, shopping, going to the zoo, going to Disneyland or just having movie night at home. So with that being s aid I do feel that aother can work and stiol have quality time with their kid(s).

2 comments:

  1. I agree with Alexis, she states how she believes even a hard working mom can still spend time with their children. My mom always worked, she left to the Bay Area at 6 am everyday, came home at 8 pm, she still cooked and spent time with me and all my siblings. Helping us with homework. She was tired from the commute but she always said she couldn't wait to get home to see all her kids. It must be hard, but it isn't impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree with you and the article as well. I feel that all the points the writer made were very good and true. And aside from those I'm sure there is many other way that mothers can spend time with their children. I have parents that work and they always make time for my sisters and I. Whether it is going out on a family trip on the weekends or just watching movies at night they always find a way to spend time with us.

    ReplyDelete